Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Meet This Princess

My name is Alexis, and I am nearing my 17th birthday in December. You might ask a person like me why I claim to be a princess after seeing I am not wearing designer clothes, dainty tiaras, or scores of silken yards. I am the princess of a kingdom that this world does not know, and I myself did not know until King Jesus himself saved me from the kingdom of sin and wrath I used to dwell in. My Father's kingdom is not here, and neither are my treasures. For today, I am a pilgrim princess passing through the enemy's territory, on my way home. This place used to be what I called home, where sin runs rampant and hearts are turned away from God, but now I belong to a new kingdom, a new Father, and the God of this universe.

A few of my favorite occupations are attending Sunday school, fictional writing (which I plan to post about later), journaling, playing and composing music, drawing, and drinking tea on cold and quiet days.

Our family consists of two parents who are still in love after twenty odd years, three brothers, and one little sister. Having a big family is very difficult at times and involves a lot of work and energy, both emotionally and physically. But there is not a day in my life that I would ever trade my big family for a small family. The homespun, joyful memories of family and hobby-farming are dear to my heart.

This blog is named Princess Missions because, as God's own daughter, I wish to record all the different missions he has called me to. My ultimate mission is to glorify God in a womanly way by becoming a wife and a stay-at-home-mother and so influence the next generation for my Savior.

But after my graduation, and before I meet my prince, if that is God's plan for me, I want to waste no time in glorifying God through singleness: going on short term missions projects in the act of a sprint before God calls me elsewhere. A few of the specific organizations I am presently considering are WYAM, Operation Christmas Child, and different Bible camps. While many high school graduates are headed off to a college, sometimes without a second thought, I desire to invest my life in learning and studying at home between missions for my dream job: a wife and a mother. Not very common? Not on the list of colleges or job opportunities? You should see some of the reactions I get at presenting this idea!

Still, this will all be worth it in the kingdom and life to come. Like a worker striving at his job because he knows the rewards, I seek to invest much in the next life by sacrificing much in this life. Will you join me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm over from your mom's blog. What a blessing you are, not only to her but our Savior as well. We all need to focus on Him more. Look forward to reading your books too. Blessings from Ringle, WI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis you are an amazing young woman with a heart for God's plan for your life. I pray He blesses you in all that you put your hand to do. - Brenda

    ReplyDelete