Saturday, January 26, 2013

Peru Mission Update

My team and I met together recently for another Peru missions project meeting. At first, these were awkward: I half knew half of the kids, and the other half I didn't know at all. But as we've met together a few times now and are talking about practical things and details about the trip, I feel that we have really connected and are started to be a real team. Many of my questions being answered there was a big relief as well!

So now for the update. The two ways I have asked people to help me are: #1, to be prayer partners praying for my team, me, our leaders, long-term Peru missionaries, and those we will be witnessing to, and #2, financial partners who give as God calls them with cheerful hearts, for "God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:7).

First I want to update you about prayer partners. God has wonderfully blessed me with three very faithful prayer partners: my Mom, my Dad, and Brenda. I want to thank each one of you for obeying God's calling to you and impacting many for eternity! You are a gift from God to our whole team.

About finances: whenever I tell anyone the total cost of this trip, they gasp, get big eyes, or, you know: the look a 6-year-old gets when you tell them you make a hundred dollars every day. God has, from the beginning, given me a great peace about the price, and he has made trusting him for it easy. This is completely his work alone! I am already 1/3 of the way to reaching my goal -- and I have not yet sent out my mission letters. Rejoice with me, our God is great!

This missions project has made me better understand what treasures in jars of clay mean. God is the awe-inspiring treasure, beautiful beyond measure. I am the jar of clay: not anything special, expensive, sturdy, or worthy of myself, but only looked at because of the great, undeserved gift from God: salvation to a wretch like me. Rejoice with me, for our God is merciful!


No comments:

Post a Comment